Sunday, January 6, 2008

Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Spinach and Red Peppers

Kinda looks like a stuffed shell here...

No shells here.... all chicken.

I'm back, baby! It's been 2 weeks since I last set foot in the kitchen. With the New Year in tow now, I'm planning on switching back to the Core plan this week so I'm on the prowl for new recipes. Not only is this Core, but my husband gave it two thumbs up. It was really easy to make too, so I highly recommend it as an easy weeknight dinner. Serve with pasta (whole-wheat for those following Core).

4 (6 ounce) chicken breasts
3/4 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
1 cup fat-free shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/4 cup frozen chopped spinach
1/4 red pepper, diced
3/4 cup marinara sauce


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound each with a meat mallet until 1/4" thin.

In a bowl, mix ricotta, 1/2 the mozzarella, and seasonings. Lay chicken breasts flat and spoon 1/4 of the mixture onto each breast. Spread evenly to cover the entire surface of each breast. Add 1/4 of the spinach and 1/4 of the diced pepper to each breast. Roll each breast in a jellyroll fashion, starting with the narrowest end.

Spread 1/4 cup of the marinara sauce in an 8"x8" baking dish. Place each roll, seam side down, in the baking dish. Pour the rest of the sauce over the chicken breast. Cover and bake for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, uncover and sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over chicken breasts. Bake until melted, about 5-7 minutes.

Yields 4 servings.


WW info:
core - included
flex - 5 points each

5 comments:

Ally said...

They look amazing, I have to try that recipe sometime!

Anonymous said...

This looks sooooo good. Totally what I'm craving right now!

ashley said...

these look delicious!!

Carrie said...

wow! That looks delicious!! I am So trying that soon!! I love your blog! I just discovered it!

Fitness Foodie said...

Wow that looks great. I have been wanting to make a similar recipe. Love the ingredients particularly ricotta.