Sunday, January 13, 2008

Fudgy Brownies!


I found this recipe on Recipezaar.com accidentally. I wasn't even looking for snacks but it magically appeared on the screen. I figured I'd give them a try. For low-fat, I think they came out pretty damn good! I'll definitely make them again. Who can argue with a 2 point regular-size brownie? Since Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker are a no-no on Weight Watchers, a girl got to find some way to get a brownie into her diet, right? Because a life lived without brownie is no life at all.

2 tablespoons margarine
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup Splenda
1 egg
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup white whole-wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Dust with cocoa, shaking out excess.

In a microwave safe bowl, melt margarine. Stir in cocoa, sugar, egg, applesauce and vanilla, beating until smooth. Gently stir in flour, baking soda and salt until well combined. Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake 25 minutes or until set.

Cool completely and cut in 9 squares. Store in the refrigerator.

Yields 9 servings.


WW info: 2 points per brownie

2 comments:

Karen said...

Hi! I just stumbled on your website after searching for that yummy WW Sloppy Joe recipe that I misplaced. I cook and follow basically the WW Core program, but I'm no longer on WW. I love to cook as well and starting my own blog on healthy cooking recipes and techniques a few months ago. It's called Test Drive Kitchen. www.testdrivekitchen.blogspot.com. Stop by when you have a chance! I've added your blog to my favorites and will definitely try some of your recipes.
Best,
Karen
Potomac, Maryland

Unknown said...

Gosh I love your blog! I am running off to make these right now!