Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Chicken with Sage and Carmelized Onions


Well, this was tast-ee. I didn't have tumeric or shallots on hand, but it still came out great. I'm going to have to tweak the ingredients a little more when I make it next because Mr. Finicky (aka my husband) doesn't like cumin. Personally, I wasn't crazy about the flavor myself. I think that a little rosemary would make this dish amazing. Predictable, but amazing. I didn't have shallots, but I added a handful of mushrooms instead. Not quite a similar ingredient, but it added another level of flavor.

Link to original recipe

3 comments:

Jaime said...

looks delicious!

Jenn said...

Hi Dori, what are the flex points with this meal? Thanks!

Dori said...

Jenn-
Good catch! Based on 6 servings, 4 ounce chicken breasts and only using 3 Tbsp of olive oil, I estimate it to be 6 points per serving. When cooking onions, be sure to keep the pan covered tightly to retain the moisture from the onions, which will add to the liquid they cook in. Use cooking spray for the chicken if the pan starts to get a little dry at that point.