Monday, September 17, 2007

Thankgiving Ideas

Nothing to see here. Just bookmarking ideas. I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year and I'm setting the bar high for myself. Its just my parents and in-laws and no one really cares whether I serve a gourmet feast or Boston Market, but I care. :)

Apps
Pesto Bruschetta (my own)
Spinach Dip

Sides
Cornbread (my own)
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Haricots Verts with Browned Garlic
Marinated Butternut Squash
Haricots Verts with Champagne-Shallot Vinaigrette
Roasted Garlic & Herb Potatoes"
Haricots Verts with Warm Shallot Vinaigrette
Wayne's Cranberry Sauce
Roasted Balsamic Butternut Squash & Sweet Potatoes (my own stand-by)
Manchego Potatoes
Green Bean Casserole

Turkey
Herbed Turkey with Roasted Garlic Gravy
Roasted Turkey
Homemade Turkey Stock

Desserts
Apple Cinnamon Wontons a la Mode
Chocolate Maple Pecan Pie
French Apple Tart


1 comment:

Martha said...

I always seem to want to reply to your "Nothing to see here" posts. :)

I have a killer Thanksgiving side dish (which I never seem to end up making, as we usually have several diabetics in our usual crowd): Baked Spiced Butternut Squash and Apples with Maple Syrup. Sooo good. I submitted it to the new Nest cookbook, but would be happy to send it along (was planning to put it in my blog closer to Thanksgiving, too).