Monday, July 30, 2007

Aaaahhh...I have a blog!

I was so inspired by my fellow nesties and all their food blogs that I had to start one of of my own. I'm such a follower. I've titled my blog "The Foodie Fashionista" because I love food and fashion equally.

I grew up as a very healthy eater. My parents were all into tofu and fruit vs. fast food and cookies. A typical lunch for me in elementary school was a brown paper bag with a PBJ sandwich, an apple, and a granola bar. Sugary cereal was something you only saw at your friends' houses. Every meal in our home was balanced....always a lean protein, a green, and a starch. And salad was on the table every night. I feel lucky to have been raised to understand the value of a balanced meal and lotsa veggies. God I love vegetables.

My mom is a great cook. She is my go-to person when I have cooking questions. "How should this smell?" "How should I cook _____?" "Where do I get chicken fat from?"

So anywho, on with the show. Oh yeah, I'm on Weight Watchers, so when possible, I will list nutritional info and points as best as I can figure them out. (Of course, any point values I post are my own calculations and are not endorsed by WW. I'm sure I have to say something like that, right?"

Tonight I made homemade sauce and turkey meatballs for tomorrow night dinner. Something like that really needs to sit overnight and "mesh." Will post recipe ASAP.

No comments: